- Grape variety : pinot noir
- Pruning : guyot simple
- Planting density : 6500 stocks per hectare
- Soil : limestone-clay on Kimmeridgian marl
- Complete de-stemming of harvest
- Low pressure bag pressing
- Cold maceration (8°C) for 8 days.
- Maceration and alcoholic fermentation for 10 to 15 days in temperature-controlled stainless steel vats equipped with a pneumatic measuring system
- Devatting and low pressure bag pressing
- Malolactic fermentation in the vat
- Maturing in vats with bottling and aeration for 6 to 12 months
- Light filtration prior to bottling
- Alcohol content : 12,5 to 13°c
- Residual sugar : < 1 g/l
- Characteristics : A red wine with a rich ruby color. The concentration of tannins provides body for the palate but the maceration techniques used preserves the wine’s suppleness.
- Aging : 5 to 8 years depending on the vintage
- Serving temperature : Serve between 13 to 15°C
- Serving recommendations : young it will be suitable with grilled meats and cheese, and with red meat and game after a few years.
- Millesime 2017
- Aspect: Cherry red.
- Aroma : The first nose offers us light toasted and smoky notes. With aeration, the bouquet opens with subtle notes of red fruits (cherry, raspberry). Hints of spices (nutmeg) add depth to the olfaction
- Taste : Soft attack. The structure in the mouth is quite round and rather airy. All the tannins are well blended. Red fruit aromas echo those of olfaction. A slight bitterness at the end of the mouth prolongs the gustatory sensation.
Le Prieuré de Saint-Céols
Le Prieuré – 18220 Saint-Céols – France
Tél: 33 (0) 2 48 64 40 75
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org