- Grape variety : pinot noir
- Pruning : guyot simple
- Planting density : 6500 stocks per hectare
- Soil : limestone-clay on Kimmeridgian marl
- Vinification :
- Complete de-stemming of harvest
- Cold maceration (8°C) for 8 days.
- Maceration and alcoholic fermentation for 15 to 20 days in temperature-controlled stainless steel vats equipped with a pneumatic measuring system
- Devatting and low pressure bag pressing
- Malolactic fermentation in barrels
- Maturing in barrels for 12 months
- Bottling with no filtration.
- Alcohol content : 12,5 to 13°c.
- Residual sugar : < 1 g/l
- Characteristics : A red wine with a dark garnet color. Intense cherry aroma, silky chewy tannins for an exceptional concentration.
- Aging : 8 to 10 years depending on the vintage.
- Serving temperature : Serve between 15 to 16°C
- Serving recommendations : compliments red meats, game and cheeses.
- Millesime 2017
- Aspect: Ruby red.
- Aroma : Good concentration in the nose. The first notes expressed are those of the maturing. Cocoa, coffee and roasted notes are found in the first nose. The whole becomes more complex tending to fig and cinnamon notes ending with a pronounced touch of black current coulis.
- Taste : Supple attack. The structure in the mouth is round and the tannins silky. Unctuousness can be felt. Vanilla and dark fruit aromas stay on the palate, while aromas of dried fruit are expressed in the mouth until the end.
Le Prieuré de Saint-Céols
Le Prieuré – 18220 Saint-Céols – France
Tél: 33 (0) 2 48 64 40 75
Email : email@example.com